Quote Box ArchiveGo to Past Quote Boxes

Nov 7, 2010

Comment - Caring and Reality

11/07/10 - Comment by Anonymous at Daily Pundit:

[edited]:  I remember talking to a colleague from San Francisco at a meeting right after the 2008 elections. She was all excited about the Democratic takeover because she cared about the poor and believed that all the world should provide social services the way San Francisco does.

I pointed out that California and San Francisco were both hemorrhaging money, destroying jobs, and were fundamentally unsustainable systems.

She said “I know, I know. I’ve heard all that. But, you know, I just love it here so much and I don’t want anything to change. Something will come up and it will get fixed. I just have to believe it.”

And I’m the one who is supposed to be an illiterate, stupid, conservative who just doesn’t understand how anything works.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

"And I’m the one who is an illiterate, stupid, conservative who just doesn’t understand how anything works. "

Nah... that's really unfair. After all, most conservatives are not illiterate! They just don't know what words like "freedom" or "rights" mean, but that's not illiteracy.

Andrew_M_Garland said...

To FrancoisTremblay,

Possibly you have more details supporting "most conservatives don't know what words like "freedom" or "rights" mean". Would you have a link to your blog about this?

Francis W. Porretto said...

I have yet to encounter a liberal who could provide a non-circular, internally consistent definition of either "freedom" or "rights." Conservatives and libertarians have no problem with it.

Post a Comment

You can use the HTML tags <b> <i> and <a href="">, but not <p> or <blockquote>. Trouble commenting? Email your comment or problem to Commerce-Try at Comcast.net. Leave out the minus sign. Mention the name of the post in the email.