Fred: What is our foreign policy?
Official: Our model could be called "the reformed alcoholic".
Official: We were alcoholic. We now dislike our former friends who used to party with us. We will not continue to be co-dependent by supporting them.
We now agree with our former enemies, that our behavior was outrageous. We will apologize and make reparations.
Fred: But, our enemies hate and want to kill us.
Official: We think they have good reasons for that attitude.
The Disgust Limit
10/03/12 - The DiploMad [edited excerpt]
Everywhere one looks abroad, one sees the consequences of Team Obama's incompetence, delusions, and anti-Americanism.
- Qaddafi was cooperating with us against Al Qaeda. Team Obama removed Qaddafi with no real thought to what would replace him. This created a chaotic situation in Libya that has greatly benefitted AQ's rebuilding efforts, and has resulted in the murder of the US Ambassador and three other diplomatic staff.
- We turned victory in Iraq into defeat. Iran is now the predominant player in Iraq.
- We have done the same in Afghanistan, allowing the Taliban and AQ to reappear after the decisive defeat administered them.
- In Egypt, we sold out Mubarak, and got in exchange the Muslim Brotherhood. The Muslim world openly ridicules and attacks us.
- Israel increasingly fears for its survival as Obama refuses to stand up to Iran's mad pretensions.
- Obama has betrayed Poland and actively sought to undermine the UK in its confrontation with the Argentines over the Falklands.
- In Asia, the misadministration's fecklessness re Russia and China is having serious consequences for the global economy and for key US interests and allies in the region.
- The insane Communist monarchy in North Korea grows evermore aggressive and dismissive of the United States.
- We see a deliberate stiffing of our Canadian friends.
- We have a policy of drift and disengagement that alienates allies such as Chile and Colombia.
- We allow autocrats such as Chavez, Ortega, Correa, Morales, and Castro a free hand, and encourage clowns such as Cristina Fernandez to drive Argentina's economy into the ground.
- We have turned the OAS into an anti-American sounding board.
- Our one effective policy [sarcasm] in Latin America was the selling of guns to drug cartels.